Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Does this make me a poser?

I used to listen to a lot of country music when I was in my teenage years, oh so long ago (taste the sarcasm). Most of my iPod nano consisted of Carrie Underwood and Taylor Swift.


Not the twang-iest of country, but I still thought myself to be a bit of a country fan. 

Then I betrayed country and completely dropped it out of my life. I couldn't really tell you why, I just lost interest and was almost disgusted by it.

But then I started dating this asian cowboy. 
Don't let the Ray-bans fool you. This guy is a country boy. He actually is a music chameleon. You name it, he probably has it on his iPod. But his favorites seem to be 90s rap and country. So spending hours in his car means that country was forced on me regularly. As much as I tried and tried to deny it, it was growing on me.

And I had country girl roommates living with me. The roomies and I went to see Carrie Underwood last year, and obviously I have been back in love with Carrie ever since. 

Then, I got an offer to go to a Luke Bryan/Florida Georgia Line/Thompson Square concert a few months ago. I thought, "sure, why not, I like concerts. I won't know many songs, but oh well." So I got myself dressed in somewhat country form (shorts and plaid is as good as it was gonna get) and went on my merry way. 

And I have been changed ever since. I am pretty sure I seem like the biggest poser, but I have the biggest obsession with country now. Last week, I even caught myself listening to KSON online...seriously, who am I? 

I totally get that I am not a die-hard country fan that knows every song on the radio, has an iPod full of boot-scootin boogies, and incorporates cowboy boots into my everyday attire. But I am a renewed fan thanks to my concert experiences. Country concerts are so dang fun. They're lighthearted, uber american, and an all around good time. 

So now I have a new dilema: 

Do I save up $250 and take my poser self to Stagecoach? I have always wanted to go to a festival. I could never do Coachella because then I would REALLY be a poser. But Stagecoach is calling to me. And cowboy boyfriend is totally down to be my date. 

I am basically broke, so that is definitely holding me back. But country and I are besties as of recent, and I don't see our friendship dying out anytime soon. 

xo and yee-haw.

No comments:

Post a Comment