Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Time for a grown up bedroom.

I've been dreaming/working towards making my room a little more Z Gallerie and a little less Pottery Barn teen. 

Someday soon I will post pictures of my room...it's in an awkward middle phase right now. We will call those the "before" pictures, in the hopes that "after" pictures will soon follow.  

The walls are a weird creamy-almost greenish color from when I had a sort of moroccan-floral thing goin on (courtesy of Pottery Barn Teen). It then remained on the walls for my beach theme...which looked terrible. That's gotta go. I would love either a light creamy white or a light gray.

My bookcases are just a hodge podge mess of knick knacks and yearbooks and stuff I really don't need.  Plus a lot of beachy things which just isn't really my thing anymore. It all seems very "themed" and young...and I am still young, but want a room thats 21 years old, not 16. 

My dresser is the only thing that is going in the direction that I want to see my whole room end up. I recently got an amazing 3-drawyer white dresser and a big framed mirror. Plus I have been collecting jewelry stands and I found a silver mermaid statue. She's topless, so sometimes I think she seduces Jonathan. Nevertheless, she's fabulous so she gets to stay...I just keep an eye on her.

Here are a couple bits of inspiration that I am envisioning for my bedroom:

As you can tell, my main focuses are white, black, and metallics. I want everything very clean, basic,  and modern with little hints of vintage quirkiness.

*and if someone wants to get me one of those amazing faux taxidermied animal heads from here I would absolutely pee my pants in utter joy.

stay tuned, xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment